21 years ago, in d cool of the evening, a young beautiful woman in a distant land of Abuja gave birth to a
bouncing (not so sure about d ‘bouncing’) baby boy who would in turn be writing this blog right now. That’s me
(lol). So Yes, Yay, hurray, ha, ha-ha, yippee, yupee etc it’s my day today and as everyone assumes, it should
be marked but guess wot I’ll be doing; Reflecting.Yes reflecting on my journey up until this point.
Would have love to go have a meal, party with friends, have a nice time with my Mrs, chat with my mates and
all worth not but I choose to hold a meeting with my myself. My head, heart, legs, hands, heart, and all my
What would I be saying at my meeting with myself? Reflecting.
What will I be doing at my meeting with myself? Reflecting.
What would be thinking at my meeting with myself? Reflecting.
Below is a pre-meeting briefing and case study
- At 31, Bill gates became a billionaire, youngest person to have done so
- At 25, Steve jobs was worth over $100 million
- At 33, Benjamin Carson had become youngest major division director, as Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at John Hopkins Hospital
- Co-founder and former Chief Executive Officer of the popular video sharing websiteYouTube in June 2006 at 29 years old was voted 28th on Business 2.0′s ”50 People Who Matter Now” list. In October 2006 he and Steve Chen sold YouTube for $1.65 billion to Google.
- Matt Mullenweg is the founding developer of the popular open-source blogging software WordPress (that I’m using now); After quitting his job at CNET, he devoted the majority of his time to developing a number of open source projects and is a frequent speaker at conferences, such as Canada’s Northern Voice and the WordCamp events organized around WordPress software. At 23, he was worth $40million
-Alex Tew, a student from Cricklade in Wiltshire, England, conceived The Million Dollar Homepage in August 2005 when he was 21 years old. He was about to begin a three-year Business Management course at the University of Nottingham, and was concerned that he would be left with a student loan that could take years to repay. As a money-raising idea, Tew decided to sell a million pixels on a website for $1 each; purchasers would add their own image, logo or advertisement, and have the option of including a hyperlink to their website. Pixels were sold for US dollars rather than UK pounds; the US has a larger online population than the UK, and Tew believed more people would relate to the concept if the pixels were sold in US currency. Tew’s setup costs were €50, which paid for the registration of the domain name and a basic web-hosting package. The website went live on 26 August 2005 and made him a millionaire
- Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg as we all know is worth $17.5billion at age 27 and listed on Forbes as one of America’s richest
- Lionel Andrés “Leo” Messi is an Argentine footballer who plays for FC Barcelona and captains the Argentina national team, mainly as a striker. Messi received several Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year nominations by the age of 21, and won in 2009 and 2010. Messi has won five La Liga titles, three Champions League titles, became only the third player (after Gerd Müller and Jean-Pierre Papin) to top-score in three successive European Champion Clubs’ Cup campaigns. However, Messi is the first one to win the Champions League top scorer titles for three consecutive years after Champions League changed its format in 1992 and he is just 24.
- At age 17, biblical David brought down gigantic Goliath and became king of Israel
- Even Jesus Christ at age 33 died for the whole world (believe it or not) and attained a state that no man can ever attain.
Below is the minutes from the meeting
- No Apologies for absentees as nobody was absent (As always)
- Welcome speech by ‘Mr Brain’ chairman of the meeting (meditation)
- Purpose of meeting is identified
- Case study review
- Reflection mode switch on (Forever)
- Reflection mode switch off (Never)
Then I turn to myself to ask the members of myself
How far have we gone?
Where are we coming from?
Where are we heading to?
Where are we now?
“It’s NOT about the YEARS in the LIFE but the LIFE in the YEARS”